10/04/2016

Pet Battles and how I get on making gold...but I'm a novice!

Please note:  this is not really a guide, more about how I got on trying to get the pets needed to help me level pets to 25, that then can be sold for a larger amount of gold then level 1's. Then pass any tips I've learnt or read about onto you! 



This post is about me telling you all about how and if I can make the amount of gold that I've seen other gold makers get from selling level 25 pets, so this me giving it a go. I'm starting from scratch and only did a couple of battles when it was first released and then nothing until now! I might end up loving Pet Battles or hating it so much I don't even care how much gold I can make!!

Luckily I was streaming the other night and talking about the amount of gold people were making from selling level 25 pets and as normal the gold making community came up trumps while I was talking about the subject. The Gold Queen asked her followers on Twitter to help me with guides and where to go for advice. the first person who replied was Rob from The Training Dummies Podcast, who said they had just done a  podcast with @Gloriaboria who is into pet battles and she said you can level a low level pet by using the swap method, which is letting your low level pet get a hit in and get hit and then swapping it out for a level 25 pet.
 I've never done Pet Battles and have no idea where to start, so I went to my DK's garrison and did the quest to start my Menagerie. I got given a Ultimate Battle-Training Stone and turned my Vampiric batling to level 25 from level 1 and off I went in Frostfire Ridge and I did alright, I got myself a Icespine Hatchling level 23 which took me a couple of times to catch. Now it was time to start leveling some pets up and, like Gloria said, I put a level 1 in with my 23 and 25 pet and this is how my first team looked...

My first team


                                                                                                                                                                  







I know this isn't the best team ever made, but its a start and if I took the time to read the guides out there I could get a better team, but remember I'm doing this as as a way to make gold, so not really bothered about having the best teams...I just want the gold!! :)

Leveling Pets



Leveling battle pets to 25 is really easy once you have a couple of 25's in your team. My team has changed around a little since my first team, my Ancient Nest Guardian is now level 25 and I really like using this pet and will not be selling it just yet and I've added Chrominius as it has a heal that is really good and comes in helpful in a tough fight, so I had to move out the Icespine Hatchling and the Vampiric Batling, the pets that I have bought in are better suited, I'm leveling all my Battle Pets right outside the horde garrison as its so close that you can fly back and heal your battle pets without waiting for the Revive Battle Pets or using Battle Pet Bandage, you can see the area on the map below showing where you go.



The first battle pet I started leveling was the Iron Starlette which I bought for 243g and after I leveled it to 25 I only went and sold in less then 10 hours for 1233g ( I found out this pet is really useful in battles, so I will be leveling one again for my own collection). I'm really happy with the profit from this sale, I now feel like it's with the time it takes to get them to 25 it worth leveling more!! My plan is to level a new pet over a couple of days, as playing time is short, my next pet is a Mechanical Axebeak and after that I'm going to level a Leviathan Hatchling. After those two I'm going to check out the Battle Pets page on The Undermine Journal and see whats selling for a high price and hopefully I will have some of those pets, but I'm also going to look into spending some gold on pets that I know I can level to 25 and sell for a high profit.

I decided to head over to Tanaan and that turned out to be a complete waste of time, I went up and started a fight with Veil Blood of Dranor and it kicked my butt. Its moves are awesome, not only does it do damage to the pet its fighting, but also the rest of my team!! I need to think about the team build more and I will be checking out some guides. I've been reading some of the guides on Wowhead and starting to build of couple of teams up to help best these tough fights.


Menagerie


I started out only having a level 1 Menagerie, so I upgraded to level 2 straight away and then worked on getting the plans for level 3. to get these plans you need to win 150 pet battles, which shouldn't take too long as I'm leveling lots of pets up. When you get the level 3 Menagerie the daily quest changes which I will talk about below.
I'm going to upgrade all my Menagerie to level 3, as you can complete Elite Pet Challenges and get   To get a level 3 Menagerie you need to win 150 pet battles in Dranor and if like me  leveling lots of pets it shouldn't take too long. While writing this post I have three out of the seven pets so far and I didn't have to wait long before I got my first one.

Dailies


There is a daily quest that can be found at the Menagerie called Scrappin which gives you eight Pet Charms, plus a little bit of gold. If you have a level 3 Menagerie the quest is called Mastering the Menagerie where the you get a Big Bag of Pet Supplies which contains  the chance of getting one of the seven pets each time and Training Stones. Of cause I went over there thinking 'its only a daily, how hard can it be...well hard if you don't have all level 25's or the right kind of pets to counter the opponents. It took me the rest of the night to get two other level 25's and then four try's at working out what the best moves and combos to use.  My first battle the opponents kept swapping out and when they did, they did very high damaged, but luckily I had a two pets that could counter them doing that and it worked and I got my first Pet Charms!

There are sixteen dailies that need different team set ups,  and at the start I didn't really have the pets needed to do all sixteen, but there is a really good guide out by Redisia that I used to help and also people have added comments that really help as well, so check it out.

                           [Daily Pet Battles] Garrison guide by Redisia


Even with the help of the guide above I still found some of the dailies hard due to not having the right pets, so I had to find another way and now I'm using a team that I use for the Tiny Terrors, which can be found in the Tanaan section of this post and so far I haven't come across any of the sixteen I haven't beaten.

The charms that I pick up are being using in a couple of different ways, on one toon I'm saving them up to buy the pets from Giada Goldleash (cool name). These pets can be sold on the Auction House and as I'm going to level them up to 25 hopefully get more gold that way. On the rest of my toons, I send all the Charms to Riojaa who uses some of them to buy stones that up the level by one on all the species, as this helps to start of leveling pets. If they are level 1 they get killed on the first go and by using those stones and getting them to level 3 this helps to get the ball rolling. Once I have got the pet to level 3 I don't use any more stones until they're over level 20, I think using the stones just to finish the last few levels is a good way of using these stones, other people might not think the same, but I find the last five levels a drag! I also save some, so I can buy Pet Treat and Lesser Pet Treat, which I will use on Squirt Day after watching a video by Peelyon showing how easy it was to level pets up to level 25 in just over 10 minutes. In the video he talks and show how to use a Enchanted Broom and Weebomination with a leveling pet. I didn't have these pets and if it wasn't for Squissh who talked me into spending some gold and buying them, I still wouldn't, so thank you Squissh!

Every so often Kura Thunderhoof  will have a quest which is to win a pet battle against her. Like the other dailies I used the same pets I used for beating the Tiny Terrors.

Tanaan                               


Gloria also talked about fighting a number of beasts on Tanaan and how you could get a stone that would increase your pets level by 5, I remember seeing some of these pets while going around doing my dailies. Here is a map showing where all the pets are...




I found this map on Wowhead Tiny Terrors Guide showing where they are which helps a lot. I did wonder what they were for, so off I went with my team...this did not go well!! I got my butt kicked so bad, they were so hard to beat, I tried a couple of times and then understood I would need to read the guide and not think I could take on the world and I need to form a battle plan. After reading the guide, I was thinking I'm never going to do this and gave up even trying. Then the other night I was getting so pissed off with not even winning my daily Menagerie quest that I went back to the guide and found a comment talking about using just one team to beat most/all of the Terrors. That team is:


  • Chrominius                                          


Here is the comment that can be found in the Tiny Terrors guide which I have linked above.

By Ectothrix
Everyone of these fights are easily beaten with Howl Bomb + Emerald Proto Whelp
Water Spirit> Geyser, Whirlpool
Swap
Chrominius> Howl, Surge of power
mop up with Whelp, heal when needed, Keep buff up
This is how I understand Ectothrix plan to win.

Pandaren Water Spirit

Move 1: Geyser
Move 2: Whirlpool                                 
Move 3: Swap in Chrominius

Chrominius

Move 1: Howl

The Tiny Terror takes lots of damage due to Geyser, Whirlpool hitting with Howl Increaing that damage by 100%.

Move 2: Surge of Power

This will most likely kill the Terror. If not I just use the first two pets until they are both dead.

Move 3: Swap in Emerald Proto-Whelp

Emerald Proto-Whelp

Move 1: Emerald Dream
Move 2: Emerald Presence

After that use Emerald Bite and keep Emerald Presence up and heal if needed. I have found that the Emerald Proto-Whelp will kill the two pets left after beating the Terror.

Please note when fighting Dark Gazer you need to start with 3x Water Jet as it has a move that stuns up for one round. You need to have Geyser, Whirlpool and Howl, which = Howl Bomb.
Also Felsworn Sentry can be beat, but its very RnG. I'm working on another team and will add as a comment when I sort that out.


I had two out of the three pets, so I got myself over to Sholazar basin to get myself a Emerald Proto-Whelp. They can be found at the Savage Thicket, there isn't a lot of them and I only found a poor/grey one which I caught as I had a Flawless Battle-Stone which meant I could Instantly upgrade my pet to rare quality. This is one pet you want as a rare as its amazing when it comes to winning against the Tiny Terrors.

Time invested so far.

I can say one thing about what I've learnt from trying to make gold via selling level 25 pets...It took me some time to set up my teams needed to complete the dailies and the beat the Tiny Terrors in Tanaan as I started with only one level 25 or the pets needed for these fights!
I've been trying to spend a hour or two a night leveling pets and so far I've sold one level 25 and got another one ready to sell.  Time wise it's been nearly three weeks  logging on every night and I know in the long run it's going to worth all this time setting up my teams, but I'm finding it hard to enjoy it and while I'm doing this I haven't really done must going making apart from selling bars (Smelting). I'm going to keep trying and do Squirt Day, as the first time it came around I didn't have the right team, but I'm sure now I've got the right team it will be fine. If even after leveling lots of pets on Squirt day I'm still not enjoying it like I do in the rest of my gold making I'll  might go back to selling level 1 pets and do the dailies just to get the the odd level 25 every so often...

Ready to start selling!

After the long awaited Squirt Day, which came on the worst day possible, as I could get online for 90 minutes.  In that time and I now have twelve level 25 pets to sell and these are-


  • Fiendish Imp
  • Ore Eater
  • Fungal Abomination       SOLD 2850g 
  • Zandalari Toenibbler       SOLD 1044g 
  • Giant Sewer Rat
  • Bone Serpent
  • Chrominius                      SOLD 3040g 
  • Leviathan Hatchling
  • Death Talon Wheplguard
  • Fossilizes Hatchling
  • Pandaren Fire Spirit
  • Spectral porcupette
  • Sister of temptation           SOLD 950g
  • Peddlefeet
  • Gilnean Raven
Also I took advantage of the Pet battles bonus event and leveled up some more pets to sell-


  • Toothy
  • Seaborne Spore
  • Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
  • Nightshade Sproutling
  • Disgusting Oozeling
  • Darkmoon Hatchling
  • Fragment of Suffering
  • Fragment of Anger
  • Giant Bone Spider
  • Mechanopeep
  • Sky-Bo
  • Son of Sethe
  • Anubisath Idol
  • Pocket Reaver
  • Zandalari Footslasher        SOLD 2375g

Conclusion 


I can honestly say I'm not the best at making large amounts of gold by selling pets at level 25, as you can see from the list above. I did do better from selling level 1's making over 57k gold profit, but I'm going to keep working on selling level 25's and keep an eye out for  cheap pets on the Auction House and use Squirt Day and Pet Battles Bonus Event to help me get more to level 25. I will do my daily quest's from the Menagerie (5) as I need the Pet Charms to buy the leveling stones. 

I hope this post is helpful and provides enough information for this part of gold making and enables you to get the basic pets needed to start getting the teams together. I will add a comment to this post with an update on any sales I get.



Shinn 






No comments:

Post a Comment